Google
 



Monday, October 30, 2006

Game Review of Battlefield 2142

Well as most of you may or may not know, Battefield 2142 is the 'sequel' to the very popular Battefield 2 created by EA. The difference is that 2142 sucks in comparison.

Ok sure, I'll admit that it is fun to play however it is NOT worth 50 dollars. The basic plot is that the polar ice caps expanded and now the PAC and EU are in a fight for the last plots of land using giant ships called 'Titans'.

To be honest with you, I smell a rip-off of star wars (to an extent) due to their use of MEC's (which are basically modified AT-ST's) and these Titans which can be considered to be like Imperial Star Destroyers or even troop transports.

It is basically like every single FPS game out there, so personally I suggest waiting until the release of Quake Wars: Enemy Territory.
(btw, if that doesn't convince you, EA threw some spyware on the game disk just to make us happy)

But I'm not going to knock it too much, if you really have that inclination to play-download the demo first, find out for yourself. The graphics do own pretty hard even on medium, so there is one plus out of the many negatives that came out of my review.

-Anarch1st

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure what is commonly thought by most people, but I believe that every game can have ties to Star Wars. Star Wars is basically the most simply story ever created with instances of major character development. Although a good movie, Star Wars is simply a classic story that was coined by George Lucas. It's a good thing that I don't have a blog. I'm pretty sure all Star Wars fans will be upset

9:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No offense, but I really don't smell a rip off of starwars. The Fact that there are wal;kers and ships or anything is an extremely common theme in near-fute/science fiction. Most of the things about Bipedal machines actually predates the star wars era.
NVM
ALex

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home